Many types of patients, including diabetic, geriatric, post-surgical and post-trauma patients, can benefit from the advanced treatments and expertise offered by the Wound Healing Center.
Wounds treated at the Center include:
- Venous, pressure, diabetic, neuropathic and arterial ulcers
- Tissue and bone damage caused by radiation or infection
- Tissue damage caused by vascular insufficiencies
- Human and animal bites
- Surgical wounds
- Skin irritations
The Center offers a wide variety of treatment options, including:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy - a method of administering highly concentrated oxygen to a patient that helps speed up the healing process.
- Bio-engineered skin substitutes - an outer and/or inner layer of skin planted into a support structure temporarily takes over the functions of the skin until it can heal
- Negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) - a sealed wound dressing connected to a vacuum pump applies pressure to the wound and promotes healing
- Debridement - dead, damaged or infected tissue is removed in order to improve the healing potential of the remaining tissue
For more information about the Wound Healing Center or to make an appointment, call 1-855-866-HEAL or 410-225-8600.