The Full Range of Emergency Care
UMMC Midtown Campus Emergency Department provides 24-hour evaluation and emergency treatment for patients of all ages. The experienced team of emergency experts is specially trained to treat a variety of conditions, from minor injuries to serious illnesses, including:
- Chest pain: A complete evaluation is conducted in the ED, including EKG, blood work and risk stratification
- Stroke: UMMC Midtown Campus is a designated Primary Stroke Center
- Behavioral Health Illness: The ED has its own behavioral unit that provides safe and specialized care and support for patients experiencing a behavioral health crisis
- Congestive heart failure
- Pulmonary (lung) conditions, such as COPD, asthma and pneumonia
- Gastrointestinal (GI) health issues
- Kidney failure
- Diabetic complications
- Infectious diseases
- Geriatrics: evaluation and diagnostic care for the elderly
- Minor orthopaedic trauma and injuries
ED patients are stabilized, then either discharged, transferred to the appropriate specialty facility or admitted to UMMC Midtown Campus for care.
For a life-threatening emergency, dial 911.
For more information about emergency care at UMMC Midtown Campus, call 410-225-8100.