How UMMC Midtown Campus is Making a Difference
To be officially recognized as a community benefit under current Maryland law, an activity must be intended to address community needs and priorities primarily through disease prevention and improvement of health status, including:
- Health services provided to vulnerable or underserved populations
- Financial or in-kind support of public health programs
- Donations of funds, property, or other resources that contribute to a community priority
- Health care cost containment activities
- Health education, screening, and prevention services
Annually, UMMC Midtown Campus submits a report to the state of Maryland measuring the community benefit provided. These reports summarize the broad range of health and support activities we offer to meet the needs of the community.